|Reports To||Quality Assurance Manager|
The Quality Assurance Specialist works as part of the Quality team, ensuring systems are in place to support quality and productivity objectives. They provide technical support to the Process and Sales groups and provide input when required. They will serve as subject matter expert for Quality Management and Food/Pharma/Feed Safety Systems. The QA Specialist is also responsible for the management of the Customer Satisfaction and Complaint system.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Supporting fulfillment of all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
- Develop, recommend, implement and communicate policies and establish goals to assist the plant in meeting the requirements of applicable corporate and governmental standards
- Develop and promote goals and objectives to align with the vision in the areas of Safety, Product Quality and Consistency, Customer Service, ISO compliance, FSMA compliance, FEMAS compliance, ISCC compliance, Internal Supplier Relationships, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure quality program conforms to regulatory requirements
- Takes a lead role in, and ensure plant compliance in GMPs, and food and feed safety. Ensure compliance with FSMA, FEMAS and other relevant food and feed safety initiatives
- Establish and maintain Organoleptic program
- Accountable for Quality Related Management Systems (ISO 9001, FSMA, etc.) implementation and maintenance, internal and external audits
- Actively engage in Continuous Improvement activities, including Kaizen and Lean Systems
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships, both internal and external
- Maintain product specifications, customer documentation, audits and customer communication resolution
- Knowledge of applicable methodologies that can assist in improving overall plant performance (DOE, SPC, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Takes a joint-leadership role with QA Manager to liaise with Process, Sales and Logistics in the resolution of all production related quality concerns
- Responsible for the tracking, investigation and communication of customer communications
- Responsible to carry out root cause analysis (RCA) where necessary
- Execution of Projects related to QA Function.
- Identified delegate and backup for the QA Manager
- Other duties as required.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field (Science, Engineering) and/or demonstrated equivalent work experience
- Ideally 2-3 years’ experience in Management System ownership
- Demonstrated prior leadership experience.
- Knowledge of FEMAS, FSMA, GMP, HACCP, CFIA, Pharma, Food Safety
- Knowledge and experience with Risk Based Methodology
- Knowledge or experience in Project Management Methodologies
- Communicate competently in both oral and written form
- Compile, analyze and interpret vast quantities of data
- Read, interpret, prepare or assist in the preparation of documents
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Clearly describe problems to co-workers, operators and management
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to use e-mail effectively for company-wide communications.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and open to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.