Quality Control Laboratory Supervisor
|Reports To||Production Manager|
The Quality Control Lab Supervisor will lead QC Chemistry and QC Microbiology activities associated with the testing, approval and release of Company products. The QC supervisor will be responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and reliable testing of various types of samples such as raw materials, intermediates and finished products. The QC supervisor is responsible for the training, supervision and performance review of all laboratory employees and supporting the wider Quality Unit.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Lead all quality control matters, communicating with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure training and development of QC Laboratory staff
- Provide technical support to manufacturing
- Drive Release/Reject decisions on Laboratory samples based on scientific rationale
- Maintain laboratory quality systems, including OOS and OOT result data
- Support method development and validation studies
- Deliver equipment calibrated and maintenance schedule for Laboratory
- Ensure laboratory data is accurate and retained per company’s requirements
- Support investigations of Non-conforming product, out of specification product and customer complaints.
- Regular interaction with laboratory analysts, peers and management
- Ensure the management of water quality monitoring and testing
- Maintain high Environmental Health and Safety standards
- Support company and department goals, projects, and performance
- Provide employee reviews and coaching as needed for QC lab staff
- Other duties as required.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- BSc in Chemistry or a related disciple
- Five years minimum in a GMP QC lab is preferred
- Strong background in Analytical Chemistry an advantage
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary industrial environment
- Strong people management skills, excellent multitasking with follow through, and a positive attitude required
- Ability to work with counterparts in multiple departments to accomplish company’s goals
- Ability to make sound decisions related to Quality investigations
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), negotiation, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking individual who is able to self-direct workload and priorities, and acts to create efficiencies and resolve issues within their scope of responsibility
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.