Quality Control Microbiologist
|Reports To||Quality Manager|
The Quality Control Microbiologist will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Microbiology Laboratory and Microbiological activities associated with the testing, approval and release of Company products. The QC Microbiologist will be responsible for the timely and accurate testing of Routing Environmental Monitoring in an ISO8 Cleanroom as well as routine Endotoxin and Bioburden testing of a variety of samples.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Lead Micro testing, communicating with both internal and external stakeholders
- Support cross-training and development of colleagues
- Provide support to manufacturing
- Maintain laboratory quality systems, including OOS and OOT result data
- Support method development and validation studies
- Support Validation studies
- Ensure Micro equipment is calibrated and maintenance per schedule for Laboratory
- Ensure laboratory data is accurate and retained per company’s requirements
- Support investigations of Non-conforming product, out of specification product and customer complaints
- Ensure the management of water quality monitoring and testing
- Maintain high Environmental Health and Safety standards
- Support company and department goals, projects, and performance
- Communicate with Third party Micro testing laboratories where applicable
- Other duties as required.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- BSc in Microbiology or a related disciple
- Three years minimum in a GMP environment is preferred
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary industrial environment
- Strong people skills and a positive attitude required
- Ability to work with counterparts in multiple departments to accomplish company’s goals.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking individual who is able to self-direct workload and priorities, and acts to create efficiencies and resolve issues within their scope of responsibility
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.