Second Class Operating Engineer
|Reports To||Chief Engineer|
Greenfield is looking for a 2nd Class Operating Engineer to join our growing team.
In accordance with the Operating Engineers Act (O. Reg. 219/01) and consistent with safe operating procedures, this position is responsible for the operations of all utility services. The Operating Engineer will work to ensure that the utility services are produced at a minimal cost and in sufficient quantities for production requirements.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Possess a Second-Class Operating Engineers certificate as prescribed by the Operating Engineers Regulation O. Reg. 219/01, s. 26 (1)
- Competent in control systems and tools with a strong technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Must be comfortable working independently and able to make timely decisions related to all utility services
- Focused individual who maintains safety standards while working to achieve production requirements.
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements, and ensure all duties are completed in a manner prescribed by O. Reg. 219/01, s. 16 (a) & (b) of Operating Engineers Act
- Monitor daily operating parameters and make adjustments for all phases of utilities production
- Troubleshoot, and accurately record data, incidents, and actions for the detection and correction of operational problems
- Complete preventative and general maintenance work through visual inspection of equipment, detecting malfunctions, repairs, adjustments and lubrications. Accurately report work orders through Maximo and follow up on their completion
- Responsible for the completion of all safety permits and lock out-tag out within area, taking into account the production process systems that may affect utilities and permitting isolations
- Participate in the planning and completion of project work and shutdown work for all utility operations, and collaborate with all departments to maximize energy efficiencies throughout the facility
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and recommending 5S opportunities for the facilitiy
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP and design review
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.