|Department||Quality Assurance |
|Reports To||Quality Assurance Manager|
Under the supervision of the QA Manager, the shipper/receiver performs all activities required to load, unload and ship alcohol on time and within specification. They are key to ensure alcohol products are shipped according to the specifications and in an efficient, safe and environmentally responsible manner. They are the primary receivers of the site for incoming shipments such as denaturants and alcohol offloads.
The Shipper/Receiver will work 40 hours with a rotation of day, afternoon and night shifts. The incumbent would have to successfully pass a physical demands assessment to ensure fit for duty status.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Operates all equipment necessary for the loading and unloading of alcohol and denaturants
- Reports deviations, non-conformances, corrective actions, opportunities for improvement and preventive actions
- Makes necessary adjustments to maintain equipment and operations within specified ranges
- Performs preventative maintenance checks within the shipping area
- Probes and grades incoming corn loads and approves for offloading
- Assists in problem solving for QA department
- Performs start-up, shutdown and other procedures involving alcohol loading equipment
- Receives and / or oversees receipt of supplies such as yeast, enzymes and other chemicals in a safe and effective manner while processing the paperwork correctly
- Directs truck drivers to position vehicles for efficient loading and unloading
- Safely performs alcohol transfer operations and monitors levels in tank farm to prevent contamination
- Participates in plant cleanup activities
- Responsible for denaturant (i.e. GAA mixes) and alcohol blending
- Samples all incoming and outgoing loads and denaturants for quality assurance purposes
- Participates in customer and supplier audits
- Participates in at least one Tiverton committee
- Licensed/certified in the Transportation of Dangerous Goods, forklift operator, confined space rescue, fall arrest (in-house training)
- Other duties as assigned.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Completion of a high school diploma.
- Completion of a related technical post-secondary diploma / degree considered an asset.
- Experience in a continuous operation facility considered an asset.
- Effectively communicates in a team-based environment.
- Can multitask and handles multiple tasks of varying complexity.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity and commitment coupled with the ability to accept change.