Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
|Department||Shipping & Receiving|
|Reports To||Shipping & Receiving Manager|
Greenfield is looking for a Shipping & Receiving Coordinator to join our growing team.
This position functions as the leader of the Shipping/Receiving area, and is responsible for supporting department objectives in the areas of Safety, Environmental, Production, Quality and Team Member training and development.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Competent person who is knowledgeable of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and regulations
- Resourceful and practical, with demonstrated problem solving and decision making capabilities
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Focused individual who maintains safety standards while working to achieve department objectives
- Excellent time management skills with demonstrated abilities to complete tasks in a reasonable work day.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a technical field
- Three to five years of relevant work experience. Prior leadership experience in a continuous process environment is preferred.
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Support department objectives and lead continuous improvement initiatives; foster collaboration with team members to achieve desired results and in a manner aligned to our core values and principles
- Coach, mentor, support, and develop team members providing timely and constructive feedback
- Responsible for overseeing all duties and responsibilities of a Shipping and Receiving Operator
- Balances work load on shift during times of imbalance
- Responsible for the performance of the shipping/receiving area including front entrance. Utilize all resources available to prioritize and resolve technical issues and challenges that affect throughput, quality or efficiency. This includes the effective use of Root Cause Analyses, Industry Consultants, PFMEA, VSM and all other resources that are deemed necessary
- Communicates regularly with all operators regarding operating requirements, operating and procedural changes, regular safety meetings, and plant updates
- Work closely with the Quality Control Coordinator, Quality Assurance Coordinator, Maintenance Planner, shutdown committee and Shipping and Receiving Operators to optimize the efficiency of all planned outages. Activities should focus on plant reliability, reduced downtime and safe and efficient outages
- Work closely with the Management team to maintain good GMPs, and food and feed safety. Ensure compliance with FSMA, FEMAS and other relevant food and feed safety initiatives
- Identify training requirements, assists in coordinating training sessions and periodically conducts training sessions for the department
- Responsible for maintaining general housekeeping of plant, focusing on the alcohol loading and corn receiving areas and ensuring housekeeping procedures are adhered. Assign these responsibilities to the operators and audits regularly
- Support completion of incident reports for any events occurring on shift
- Works with the Shipping and Receiving Manager to satisfy customer requirements of on time delivery of correct products
- Oversees the creation of SOPs and on-the-job training opportunities
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review
- Provides back up support for Co-Products Coordinator
- Support manager to maintain, purchase and seek opportunities for general supplies and denaturants
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.