Shipping & Receiving Operator
Shipping & Receiving
Greenfield is looking for a Grains Shipper Receiver to join our growing team.
A Grain Shipper Receiver is part of an operating team responsible for receiving corn and shipping DDG (dried distiller’s grain) or wet grains in a safe and efficient manner. Essential duties are carried out in a team-based atmosphere with a culture of openness and respect.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Able to communicate competently in both oral and written form.
- Able to read, interpret, and prepare maintenance or procedure manuals and standard operating procedures.
- Can clearly describe problems to co-workers, operators, and management.
- Open-minded, dedicated, and conscientious.
- Willing to ask questions and communicate in an open, positive frame of mind.
- A self-starter that can find issues and act accordingly independently.
- Able to work with a group of people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in metric units of measure.
- Compute and apply percentages, fractions, and ratios to compute tank volumes and conveyor rates.
- O.S.S.D. or equivalent
- Demonstrated equivalent work experience preferred.
- Related experience in grain handling equipment operation would be an asset.
- Mechanical ability and an A-Z license with familiarity regarding heavy equipment would be an asset.
- Ability to speak French or understand French would be an asset.
- Within area of responsibility, positively support goals and objectives in the areas of Safety, Environment, Product Quality and Consistency, Customer Service, ISO compliance, FSMA compliance, FEMAS compliance, FSSC, ISCC compliance, Internal Supplier Relationships, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate positively in and support compliance of FEMAS, FSMA and any other food and feed safety standard.
- Adheres to and fully complies with the Company’s Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures and Legislation (regulatory requirements).
- Operates all equipment necessary to unload corn from trucks.
- Operates a front-end loader, sweeper, Manitou and mobile rail car mover.
- Issues Work Permits for safe work, hot work, confined space, excavation, etc.
- Perform lock-out/tag-out of area equipment.
- Perform Master Isolation of area equipment
- Work with/oversee /liaise with Maintenance and Contractor personnel working in the area
- Ensure DDGS are loaded to correct procedures without contamination into trucks or railcars.
- Ensure safe storage, handling, and shipping of all food and feed ingredients, and compliance with FEMAS and other relevant food and feed safety requirements.
- Calculate, document, and communicate to Sales & Logistics the DDG inventory on a daily basis
- Monitors the operation of equipment using a combination of computer displays, meters, gauges, and recording devices.
- Work/communicate with Operations Personnel regarding DDG inventory maintenance
- Works with QA lab in characterization and determination of DDG quality
- On a monthly basis, perform all operational aspects of a bin sweep
- Perform all operator maintenance PM’s of mobile and fixed equipment.
- Performs start-up, shutdown, and other procedures.
- Directs drivers to position their vehicles for efficient loading and unloading.
- Record data, actions, incidents, instructions, etc., in written or computerized format.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of work area: grain and DDG storage areas, wet pad, rail building and equipment, and all associated roadways. Assists with spills cleanup when necessary.
- Reports problems and provide technical troubleshooting expertise in the correction of operational issues.
- Identify work to be done on area equipment and complete appropriate Service Request in Maximo
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of, and familiarity with, current procedures in all areas of plant for which he/she is qualified.
- Responsible for reviewing logbooks for period absent from work.
- Responsible for recording all required information accurately in logbooks, log sheets, MS Excel, etc.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) studies for key events.
- Review or write procedures as required.
- Complete training as required.
- Actively participates in continuous plant improvements, specifically with personal development.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.