Shunt Truck Driver
|Reports To||Production Team Leaders|
Greenfield is looking for a Shunt Truck Driver to join our growing team.
The shunt truck driver duties will include staging and transporting shipping containers and trailers, while also supporting the packaging business on the production side. The successful candidate will operate the company tractor trailer in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and operate process equipment in a safe and efficient manner while processing alcohol and solvents.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Enjoys a dynamic, fast-paced, customer focused environment
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Ability to work overtime and rotate between different shift times (rotating, morning & afternoons, currently)
- Highest regard for safety.
- Valid AZ license with a minimum of 5 years driving experience
- Minimum 3 years in a plant environment
- Community college technical certificate or diploma an asset
- WHMIS certified, TDG Training, IMO Training
- Strong communication skills with an aptitude for mechanics
- Health and Safety Committee experience preferred.
- Efficient container/trailer shunting and placement requirements as needed
- Provides support activities to production operations such as staging of empty packaging containers, forklift operations, handling of filled packages, etc.
- Positions empty shipping containers for loading and shipping doors
- Transports loaded shipping containers to secured area of property
- Visually inspects equipment periodically to detect malfunction, need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of process areas.
- Adheres to and fully complies with the Company’s Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Procedures.
- Performs container/trailer shunting and placement requirements as required.
- Participates when consulted about H&S matters and reports hazards, if identified. Adheres to and fully complies with the Ontario Health & Safety Act.
- Other duties as assigned.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.