|Reports To||Manager of IT Operations|
The DBA will maintain, modify, upgrade, install and support Greenfield’s SQL Database environment both on premises and within our Azure tenant. Greenfield runs in a 24/7 environment. Some duties are required to be performed during off hours.
Greenfield has 14 sites with over 500 users. The SQL DBA will be assigned primary duties and responsibilities overseeing the SQL environment supporting multiple core business applications. These systems are hosted on physical and virtual machines. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Microsoft SQL 2012 and subsequent version administration
- Lead and perform SQL Environment upgrades in collaboration with the operations team
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Follow Information technology policies and procedures
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
- Other duties as assigned.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Completion of a related technical post-secondary diploma/degree
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Experience working with Azure SQL
- Experience with Data Warehousing and/or adhoc reporting
- Ability to think and adapt quickly to meet business needs
- Ability to maintain composure and instill confidence while managing multiple aspects of core business processes.
- SQL MCSA / MCSE an advantage
- Must be able to think and adapt quickly to meet business needs
- Must be willing to travel to meet business objectives and provide onsite support as needed within the US and Canada, likely less than 10%.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and open to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.