TRAINING & COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
|Department||Health & Safety |
|Reports To||Environmental, Health & Safety Manager|
This position ensures compliance in all aspects of the Environmental and Health and Safety Management System and supports this through the development and delivery of training, policies and programs.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Support EH&S Manager with the plant’s Environment, Health & Safety management system including the audit function and system effectiveness.
- Audit the plant’s activities to ensure compliance with all Environmental, Health and Safety regulatory requirements and Company policies.
- Track and report on all Environmental, Health & Safety non-compliances to the EHS Manager.
- Assist Area Managers with maintaining Health & Safety related Hazard and Risk assessments as well as Environmental Aspects assessments.
- Provide in-house training or training tools for EH&S policies to employees
- Provide new hire EH&S orientation and onboarding including Young Worker Awareness program for summer students.
- Provide plant H&S training for contractors
- In conjunction with Area Managers, develop a training needs analysis, identify training needs and establish training opportunities in the areas of EH&S for all employees.
- Work with HR Administrator to maintain up-to-date training records
- Work with area managers to ensure department EH&S training is complete
- Work with EH&S Manager to develop, implement or update policies, establish goals to meet the requirements of company and regulatory requirements.
- Manage all plant PPE inventory requirements including uniforms and specialty equipment for hazardous chemicals
- Maintain all KPI’s (for example TRIR, annual emission rates, etc.)
- Complete WSIB documentation as necessary.
- Support EH&S Manager with annual reports to the MOECC on NPRI, GHG, TRA , Storm water and Facility compliance
- Assist with Emergency Response procedures and mock drills
- Participate on the JHSC and keep minutes for all meetings
- Support plant shutdowns through contractor training, permit auditing, site safety rounds, and vehicle and equipment inspections
- Participate on the Company’s EH&S Peer Group.
- Responsible to participate in or carry out root cause analysis (RCA) as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and advocating 5S opportunities within facility
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Formal post-secondary education in the field of Environmental Science, plus 3 years of practical industrial health and safety experience
- Knowledgeable of environmental regulations, and work experience in environmental aspects and procedures
- Prior work experience within a plant environment is desired.