Vice President of Quality
|Reports To||EVP & Managing Director|
Greenfield Global is the largest high-purity alcohol company in North America offering bulk and packaged ingredients and additives. Under the Pharmco brand, we offer a wide range of specialty alcohols and bio-based chemicals to quality-driven and environmentally-conscious customers around the globe. The Pharmco brand has come to stand for premium quality and service excellence. We have been supplying life science, food, flavor, fragrance, personal care, extraction and industrial companies with mission-critical products for more than 30 years.
This position is responsible for the overall performance and strategic direction of all quality related activities supporting the operations and commercial activities of Greenfield Global, USA. In addition, this position is responsible for compliance to all operational regulatory and safety requirements by all areas of Greenfield Global USA , with the exclusion of the HR area. This position serves on the Corporate Compliance Council and by virtue of this involvement, is ever cognizant of any risks related to regulatory and quality operations.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Lead the quality group for US Operations in such a way that a quality business management system is established that engages all business leaders, meets ISO, GMP, FSMA, Organic, and other certifying body requirements while facilitating efficient business operations and supporting commercial growth and customer satisfaction
- Encourage and create a culture that insures compliance to all regulatory and safety requirements throughout the organization through employee engagement
- Build relationships with local, state and federal regulatory agencies, perpetuating cooperation, support and business growth.
- Oversee and guide all regulatory and safety related activities to insure complete compliance and transparent, timely and accurate reporting.
- Build relationships with and create a culture of cooperation and best practices with like departments within the Canadian operations and corporate entities.
- Support the Corporate Compliance Council serving as a watch dog and advisor within the Specialty Chemicals and Ingredients business unit, initiating discussions and highlighting any potential risks that should be reviewed.
- Provide coaching, counselling and empowering of all direct reports in order to drive excellence and succession support for future growth
- Support all business leaders and employees, facilitating cooperation and communication, to maintain compliance to all quality protocols and certifications, as well as adherence to all regulatory and safety requirements.
- Develop and maintain responsibility for annual quality and regulatory budgets, including CapEx and SG&A needs in support of Specialty Chemicals and Ingredients strategy and P&L plans.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Oversee all local, state and federal regulatory audits
- Ensure perpetuation and provide strategies for GMP compliance
- Insure all required regulatory reporting is being accurately completed and submitted in timely fashion by all functional groups
- Attend all Corporate Compliance Council meetings
- Provide executive level summaries of any regulatory changes with potential to affect Specialty Chemical and Ingredients operations.
- Participate in NPI (New Product Introductions) providing regulatory and risk/liability input
- Direct supervision and leadership of the Director of Quality Management, EH&S manager and Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Provide regulatory and risk advice and support to leadership of the Specialty Chemicals and Ingredients business unit
- Budget development and enforcement for the quality and regulatory functions for Greenfield Global USA.
- Development and management of relationships and treatment of all employees within the quality and regulatory groups for Greenfield Global USA.