Specialty Chemicals & Ingredients
Bring lasting quality to life
For over 30 years, our service, quality, and regulatory expertise has helped meet the needs of our customers across the globe, while remaining committed to doing our part in lowering our carbon footprint throughout the manufacturing process. Whether you need high-purity alcohols or solvents for the life sciences, flavor, industrial, personal care and beauty, extraction, aerospace industry and more, our team of experts can help you find the right materials to meet your business needs.
Greenfield is the largest high-purity alcohol company in North America offering bulk and packaged ingredients and additives. Under the Pharmco brand, we offer a wide range of specialty alcohols and bio-based chemicals to quality-driven and environmentally-conscious customers around the globe. The Pharmco brand has come to stand for premium quality and service excellence. We have been supplying life science, food, flavor, fragrance, personal care, extraction and industrial companies with mission-critical products for more than 30 years.
Businesses ranging from start-ups to the largest companies in the world trust Pharmco with their specialty chemical and ingredient needs because Pharmco provides:
- A level of quality and service that small suppliers can’t replicate and large suppliers can’t react to. We are not simply brokers. We control the process from order receipt to manufacturing to delivery.
- A personal touch. We know our customers and provide extraordinary access to our internal team to make sure your needs are met.
- Certifications and standards including GMP, Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, and ISO 9001:2015. Our products are tested and certified to meet requirements of United States Pharmacopeia, European Pharmacopeia, Japanese Pharmacopeia, American Chemical Society and Food Chemical Codex monographs, as well as other federal and custom specifications..
- Lab capabilities ranging from simple wet chemistry to sophisticated metals testing on our inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) instruments.
- Twelve federally registered Distilled Spirits Plant (DSP) locations offering regional distribution from coast to coast and through more than 40 international distribution partners.
- An unbroken chain of custody for ethanol supplied from our parent producer, Greenfield Global.
- Sterile and bio-friendly solvents and bioprocess solutions.
- Custom ethanol cuts and the widest range of alcohol formulas and solvent blends.
- Product scale-up from kilos to metric tons, with package sizes ranging from pints to railcars.
- A commitment to reducing our global reliance on fossil fuels and petroleum-based products.
- Our Portlaoise location in Ireland is a GMP aqueous solutions facility, providing bioprocess solutions to our global life science customers. All blends are produced in product dedicated blending venues and packaged in pails, drums and IBCs in our Class 8 cleanroom. All material is released from our in-house analytical and microbial laboratory. Both USP purified & WFI water is generated in-house.
See what our partners are saying.
As a customer of Greenfield Global for the past 15+ years, they have helped us build our Herbal and Homeopathic products to the next level of marketing for Organic Products for our own brand of products as well as our contract manufacturing customers. With their Organic Cane Alcohol as well as Organic Ethyl Alcohol, we have been able expand our options and reach customers from all over the world. We have always received exceptional customer service and timely delivery even during the toughest of times. We value our relationship with Greenfield Global and we are excited to see what the future holds for our partnership.Jennifer Sailors
Greenfield has been nothing short of spectacular, always prompt with responses from customer service and sales; along with doing everything possible to ensure timely deliveries.” Christopher Connor, Operations Support Manager, Mother Murphy’s Flavors “Greenfield has been one of our most reliable and customer service-centric suppliers for many years. We know we can count on them to do what they say they will do.Nick Ringwal
Director of Purchasing
With Greenfield Global, I never have to worry about Supply Chain issues. The sales representative and Customer Service team work tirelessly to ensure that our deliveries are on time. Saying that Greenfield’s sales and service are the best is an understatement!Isabel M. Couto
Director of Purchasing
At Gaia Herbs, we nurture the connection between people and plants to deliver Nature’s vitality with the highest standards in quality and testing in all materials within our products. It begins with key suppliers like Greenfield Global, who truly understand our business by providing the highest quality ethanol alcohol in both organic and non-organic form. Every company has their “go to” suppliers. For Gaia Herbs, Greenfield Global is the “go to” supplier for ethanol alcohol. In the 15 years of doing business, we have never rejected any of their ethanol. We are grateful to have a strong business relationship from their entire team from sales through shipping, as all departments are on board in providing superior customer service.Leo Adornes
Looking for a specific product?Search our Products
of cross-border sector leadership.
facilities in Canada, the US and Europe
for 1-3 day lead times to customers.
processed and shipped annually
in more than 50 countries.
Net Zero Emissions
building in Ireland (Portlaoise, Ireland).
Team Member Spotlight
I enjoy the wide range of tasks my role encompasses and the incredible teams I get to work with every day. As a colleague once said, ‘you keep the juice flowing’! My primary responsibility is to coordinate the intake of our exceptional, high purity alcohol to our Connecticut and Kentucky sites. As a results, I know I’m helping to exceed our customer’s expectations by ensuring the quality and reliable delivery of the products they rely on.Victoria Docktor
Demand Planner Analyst