Maintenance Reliability Specialist
Technical Services Manager
Greenfield is looking for a Maintenance Reliability Specialist to join our growing team.
The Reliability Specialist will be part of the Maintenance team. As such, this person will manage programs and processes aimed at improving equipment reliability with the ultimate goal of increasing uptime and reducing maintenance costs. Contribute to plant-wide efforts to ensure continuity of safe and environmentally conscious operations and efficient production of products.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Communicate competently in both oral and written form, including routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to compile and interpret vast quantities of data.
- Can read, interpret, prepare or assist in the preparation of documents.
- Able to clearly describe problems to co-workers, operators and contractors.
- Can interpret mechanical and civil drawings and sketches.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to use e-mail effectively for company-wide communications.
- Positive attitude.
- Lead by example with the skills and attitude you wish to press upon all employees in the plant.
- Be a leader on Continuous Improvement.
- Desire for continued personal growth and career development.
- Act as an owner
- Leadership, communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Engineering degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or demonstrated equivalent in work experience within a maintenance and reliability setting.
- Minimum of five years reliability experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Good Knowledge of EH&S regulatory requirements.
- Experience in budgeting.
- Previous experience with Maximo is an asset or other maintenance management system.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Within area of responsibility, develop, promote, and positively support goals and objectives in the areas of Safety, Environment, Product Quality and Consistency, Customer Service, ISO compliance, FSMA compliance, FEMAS compliance, FSSC, ISCC compliance, Internal Supplier Relationships, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participates positively in and supports compliance of FEMAS, FSMA and any other food and feed safety standard.
- Focus on driving and optimizing our existing Reliability Program and Culture.
- Adhere to Environmental and Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Cost Optimization
- Alternate technologies
- Investigation of better parts, suppliers, materials and/or methods.
- Develop and prepare and implement Reliability/Maintenance CAPEX business cases.
- Champion RCA activities.
- Investigate and drive training opportunities for tradespeople.
- Upgrades to existing skills
- New technologies
- New techniques
- Additional value-added certifications.
- Be a key player in the Maintenance Department Management team.
- Relieving the Maintenance Coordinator when away
- Take part in supervisory duties of tradespeople.
- Ensure standards are maintained when integrating and implementing new equipment.
- Work with the Maintenance Planner, Maintenance Purchaser and tradespeople to optimize delivery of maintenance programs and services.
- Assist with implementation of capital projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.