Director of Finance & Supply Chain
Greenfield is looking for a Plant Controller to join our growing team.
The controller is primarily responsible for Controllership of the operation, including accurate accounting and reporting, local tax compliance and safeguarding of company assets. The Controller is responsible for managing the accounting personnel and activities within the Winnebago plant.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
• Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
• Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across teams
• A self-motivated and forward-thinking individual who is resourceful and has strong organizational and problem-solving skills. Individual create efficiencies and resolves issues within their scope of responsibility
• Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
• Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Finance or related discipline.
- Accounting Designation Preferred.
- Minimum of 5 + years of experience in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Experience with CMMS (Maximo) and warehouse management
- Experience with Navision, Dynamics 365, or ERP.
- Communicate competently in both oral and written form.
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to senior management.
- Read, interpret, prepare or assist in the preparation of documents.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Clearly describe problems to co-workers, operators and management.
- Ability to use e-mail effectively for companywide communications.
- On-site presence 3 days per week minimum, or as per Greenfield company policy
- Ability to complete financial reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Ability to complete reports and financial analysis of different products.
- Team player in a team environment.
- Desire to learn, grow and continuously improve themselves and those around them.
- Minimal travel required to other plants and/or corporate office.
- Identify and assess the financial impact of opportunities and risks including the development of mitigation strategies.
- Prepare financial analysis to monitor and evaluate plant spend. Provide insightful analysis and recommendations to drive decision making. Seek out funding opportunities for the site (e.g. through federal and state government incentives, grants, etc.)
- Monitor and track CAPEX spending against budget and forecast and provide financial support for new CAPEX projects. Provide post-implementation financial analysis of actual benefits compared to the business case and report results to plant and corporate management.
- Conduct lease versus purchase evaluations on plant equipment and provide cost effective recommendations.
- In-depth analysis on freight costs and provide insights into cost mitigation and outlook.
- Support corporate accounting in various projects as necessary, including the annual insurance renewal, income tax data gathering, and property tax assessments.
- Collect monthly financial and operational data and complete month end journal entries and analysis work by day 3.
- Ensure RINs compliance through accurate and timely submission of weekly, monthly, and annual reports
- Provide leadership in developing the performance measurement framework and KPIs to track and monitor performance for the plant operations
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Collect, interpret, and report financial data while gleaning insight from financial results with an increasing focus on analytics tied to plant activity including efficiencies, equipment availability and utilization.
- Assist in the development of annual plant budget and quarterly forecasts. Assist in the preparation of budget and forecast presentations.
- Provide financial direction / support to site management teams.
- Work with Operation and Supply Chain teams to drive efficiency improvement and cost reductions.
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy of ethanol, chemical and co-product inventory valuations for financial reporting.
- Review, recommend, and assist in the evolution of systems and processes to ensure efficient and effective delivery of internal accounting and finance support.
- Support physical inventory reporting and cycle count analysis.
- Document and analyze inventory adjustments as well as inventory valuations.
- Manage and support all general accounting, cost accounting, and fixed asset activities.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide direct support to plant management team in a variety of financial, accounting, and operational areas.
- Within area of responsibility, develop, promote, and positively support goals and objectives in the areas of Safety, Environment, Product Quality and Consistency, Customer Service, ISO compliance, Internal Supplier Relationships, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements within area of responsibility.
- Provide leadership to a highly engaged department. Coach all employees to their fullest potential.
- Provide training, growth, and development opportunities for all reports.
- Deliver performance evaluations to all reports twice per year.
- Identify High-Potential employees and foster their development.
- Procurement / Supplier Contract Management (uniforms, coffee, office materials, lease equipment, office cleaning, etc.).
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.