|Reports To||Production Team Leads|
Based at the Brampton Packaging Facility, the Production Operator role supports the packaging business by operating process equipment in a safe and efficient manner while processing alcohol and solvents.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Forklift operation
- Preparation and filling of drums
- Blending chemicals
- Loading, unloading and line work
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunction, need for repair, adjustment or lubrication
- Cleans and sanitizes process equipment as required
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of process areas
- Adheres to and fully complies with the Company’s Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- Community college technical certificate or diploma
- Minimum 3 years in a plant environment
- WHMIS certified
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Experience with the transportation of dangerous goods
- Aptitude for mechanics
- Some shipping/receiving experience
- Health and Safety Committee experience
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer focused environment
- Ability to work overtime and rotate between different shift times
- Highest regard for safety
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter individual with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Individual with excellent communication skills who promotes a team environment
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect and commitment coupled with the ability to accept change.