This position is responsible for focusing on ensuring the Chatham plant facility meets daily production targets, efficiencies, and KPIs, and the long-term automation viability in supporting the core of Greenfield Global Chatham.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Develop a thorough knowledge of each process area, and the interrelationship between process areas, from the perspectives of workflow and efficiency
- Provide technical assistance to the production team for trouble-shooting, problem solving and continuous improvement activities
- Support the production team; develop, build and enhance operator knowledge and experience through team-based, participative improvement initiatives and technical training.
- Implement and maintain best practices in Cybersecurity
- Pursue the implementation of Osisoft PI program and be an active member of the corporate peer group to promote best practices sharing between the sites
- Optimize the stability of the process controls by fine tuning control loops
- Assist the production team in reviewing existing processes, analyzing all available data and contributing to trial plans to recommend changes to optimize the process. Specific areas for optimization include workflows, throughput, yield, energy, chemical consumption and cost performance
- Evaluate, prioritize and manage the changes suggested by the employees for the control systems (PLC, DCS)
- Implement and maintain standards and document changes made in the different automated tools (PLC, DCS)
- Responsible for commissioning all instrumentation and related programming of the DCS during new project installs
- Responsible for Foxboro (DCS) system maintenance, design and managing the implementation of a multi phase upgrade project
- Responsible for site Allen Bradley PLC system maintenance and DCS integration
- Responsible for Cogen load shed program maintenance, training, testing and optimization
- Responsible for VFD’s including troubleshooting and commissioning assistance of any new install
- Prepare financial justification for assigned projects to ensure that projects deliver the desired results and are completed safely, timely and within the approved budget costs. Maintain the necessary documentation to support project initiatives including: project timelines, progress reports, PID’s, MOCs, operating and maintenance procedures
- Work with IE group to capture and record electrical and DCS “jumpers” in an MOC format to allow for timely removal and permanent repair
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and advocating 5S opportunities for facility
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, including Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP, and design review
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking individual who is able to self-direct workload and priorities, and acts to create efficiencies and resolve issues within their scope of responsibility
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Possesses Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.