Customer Service Representative (Contract)
Beverage & Distilled Spirits
Director of Beverage Alcohol Sales
Greenfield is looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our growing team.
Contract: 12 months
Reporting to the Director of Beverage Alcohol Sales, the Customer Service Representative is responsible for processing product orders for accounts located in Ontario and Western Canada, and United States customers.
Who We Are:
Greenfield Global is a leading producer and supplier of high-value, mission-critical raw materials, ingredients, and additives that are vital to businesses and integral to a lower carbon economy. From start-ups to the largest brands in the world, customers trust Greenfield’s extensive portfolio of premium products, regulatory expertise, and industry-leading service to improve people’s lives and the health of the planet.
Why Join Greenfield?
We innovate, collaborate, and work with purpose. By unlocking the potential of people, partnerships, and nature to accelerate sustainable solutions for the health of the planet, our work has a positive impact on the environment around the world. We’re always looking for people who can bring new talents and experience to our team.Who You Are:
- Strong communications skills
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum of two years of experience in a Customer Service or Sales role
- Bilingualism (English/ French) would be an asset
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Process product orders received by telephone, fax and e-mail and enter into ERP system
- Provide customers with Order Confirmation
- Assist with document requests (forwarding to Quality Dept. when required)
- Complete credit memos and provide other information to the Packaging Accounting Clerk to assist with freight claims
- Handle document/information requests from the CRA and other government agencies
- Verify any extra charges from transport companies with the customer or transport company to the Accounting Administrator/Administrative Assistant for resolution
- Complete Return Authorization forms and arrange for returns when required
- Maintain pricing data for packaged sales customers
- Assist with inventory reports and customer information for production planning purposes
- Assist accounting with information related to receivables and payment reconciliations relating to customer accounts
- Perform invoicing activities, issue drum credits and product return credits
- Perform data entry of daily packaging production and stock transfers
- Prepare paperwork for shipping, bills of lading and invoices for customer orders
- Log customer complaints as they are received and distribute to affected Manager
- Track customer Excise permits and ensure that pertinent approvals and information are up-to-date.
- Provide back-up support to the Administrative Assistant and Distribution Coordinator during vacation / absences
- Support other duties as assigned
- Adheres to and fully complies with the Company’s Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Procedures.
Total Compensation & Care:
- Base salary dependent on experience and demonstrated performance
- Formal and informal training opportunities
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Income protection: short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, paid
personal sick time
- Vacation time exceeding industry standards
- Company funded retirement savings program with individual contribution
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Curated intentional culture focused on growth and development, engagement, and
We own and operate five distilleries, four specialty chemical manufacturing and packaging plants, and three next-generation biofuel and renewable energy R&D centers. This integrated model enhances supply chain transparency, quality control, custom formulation development, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- Openness to Change
- Core Principles
We are constantly seizing opportunities to develop new products, processes and methods to meet the diverse and demanding requirements of our customers.
We are part catalyst, part collaborator. We work with partners to get the most out of our existing products, and to develop custom solutions for our customer requirements.
Our commitment to give back to local communities in the US and Canada goes beyond the bottom line. We give back to the planet by processing renewable resources into low carbon fuels and chemicals.
Our team is not only fast, we has the flexibility and creativity to pivot with customer needs to develop custom-made, on-time solutions.
At every plant, and for every customer, for every shipment, we put quality first. We operate a tight, transparent supply chain while meeting the highest regulatory standards.