|Department||People & Culture|
|Reports To||Director of People & Cutlure|
The People and Culture Manager will be responsible for creating an exceptional employee experience with a focus on attracting the best talent, developing our best talent and retaining our best talent.
Reporting to the Director of People & Culture, the People & Culture Manager will support the Specialty Chemicals & Ingredients (SC&I) management team by providing consultative services, support and partnership in the areas of recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, employee engagement, performance management, talent development and change management.
|Duties & Responsibilities|
- Support the Director of People & Culture with the implementation of P&C initiatives that support business strategies and goals. Partner with management on the facilitation of programs that enhance employee performance, increase engagement and improve business results
- In partnership with the SC&I management team, ensure decisions are made in consideration of People & Culture impacts and risks
- Provide guidance to people leaders in the areas of change management, employee engagement, performance management, employee relations, talent development and compliance matters
- Drive employee engagement through facilitation of engagement action plans and/or round table discussions. Actively partner with leaders to address root causes of low employee engagement
- Proactively partner with management on improvements in leadership behaviors, practices, and tactics to increase performance, promote engagement and create a culture of continuous growth and development
- Handle employee relations issues and conduct workplace investigations. Provide detailed recommendations to management and ensure appropriate resolutions are carried out
- Provide guidance and support to leaders on the annual performance appraisal process
- Assist with the day-to-day administration and communication of policies & programs
- Lead recruitment efforts to ensure timely staffing of open positions
- Manage employee rewards and recognition programs
- Conduct New Hire Orientations and assist with all pre-employment and Onboarding tasks
- Assist the Learning & Development manager with training initiatives and tasks
- Organize and manage employee events including company celebrations, leadership visits, Lunch and Learns, etc.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
|Skills & Qualifications|
- BA/BS Degree – preferably in Human Resources, Business or related field
- Minimum five years related experience
- Demonstrated ability to improve talent acquisition strategies
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, presentation, critical thinking and communications skills
- Attention to detail and good judgement
- Knowledge of Federal and State Employment laws and practices
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment dealing with employee relations, problem solving and change management
- Exceptional team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Professionalism and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task, sometimes within strict deadlines.
- Possesses Company values of honesty, integrity, respect, commitment and open to change while modelling the Company Core Principles in all activities
- Ability to foster collaborative, cross department relationships to meet common objectives.